1. The bunch of unlikely forest animals that came together represent the diverse cross section of people my kids will meet in life, different personalities, problems etc
2. Owly the main character represents the inner wisdom of a child and about bringing out the best in themselves
3. Victor Vulture "appears" to be a bad guy but appearances can be deceptive and sometimes when we mess up there is a good and valid reason behind it
4. Magic Medicine Tree represent the healing power of nature and about looking after our environment and the world around us.
5. Spirit of the Forest represents the life force all around us and is an unseen spirit that guides and looks over the forest and all its inhabitants. It won't help unless asked!
6. The twist-little messages that teach something of value to kids and this is how the story in my childrens books comes together!